DUAL ENROLLMENT PROGRAM
|For program information
(772) 462-4772 or
Dual Enrollment is defined as a student receiving high school credit toward a high school diploma and college credit toward an Associate Degree or occupational credit toward a technical certificate.
Types of Dual Enrollment include:
- Academic - Students in grades 10th - 12th may earn high school credit toward a high school diploma and college credit toward an Associate or Baccalaureate Degree. Students may be part-time or full-time. To enroll in academic coursework students must successfully complete an entry-level examination as required by Section 1008.30, Florida Statutes. For the purpose of this agreement, ACTE, SATR, and/or FELPT (includes P.E.R.T. and CPT) scores are acceptable.
- Career/Technical - Students in grades 10th - 12th may earn elective high school credit toward a high school diploma and college credit toward an Associate Degree or occupation credit toward a technical certificate from a complete job preparatory program, but not isolated career/technical courses. Students may be part-time or full-time in career/technical dual enrollment.
The following are ineligible to be counted as Dual Enrollment:
- Vocational preparatory instruction
- College preparatory instruction
- Other forms of pre-college instruction
- Physical education and recreational studies that focus on physical execution of skills rather than the intellectual attributes of an activity
- Private music lessons
How can I register for Dual Enrollment courses?
Students must submit the following items to either Educational Services at the Main Campus or any IRSC Campus.
- Fill out a Dual Enrollment Application for Admissions Form.
- A Dual Enrollment Registration Form signed by the high school designee, parent or legal guardian (if the student is under 18 years of age), and a student.
- Enhanced ACT, SATI-Recentered, or CPT scores, if registering for courses in which placement scores are a prerequisite.
- Home Education students must provide proof of enrollment in a home education program pursuant to S.232.02(4) in addition to the items above.
Once the student has been registered he or she must take a copy of their course schedule along with the appropriate copy of the IRSC Dual Enrollment/Early Admissions Registration Card to the Business Office on the Main Campus or any IRSC Campus for tuition payment. Registration is not complete until this has been done.