Dual Enrollment Program
For program information
(772) 462-4772 or
Dual Enrollment is defined as a student simultaneously earning high school credit toward a high school diploma, along with college credit toward an Associate Degree or credit toward a vocational certificate for an eligible course.
Beginning Spring 2016, new Dual Enrollment Associate in Arts degree-seeking students are required to complete SLS 1101 Student Success (3 credits) during their first semester of attendance. Please see your advisor for details.
Types of Dual Enrollment include:
- Academic - Students may simultaneously earn high school credit toward a high school diploma and college credit toward an Associate or Baccalaureate Degree. Students may be part time or full time. To enroll in academic coursework, students must successfully complete an entry level examination as required by Section 1008.30, Florida Statutes. For the purpose of this agreement, ACT, SAT, and/or P.E.R.T. scores are acceptable.
- Career/Technical - Students may simultaneously earn elective high school credit toward a high school diploma and career/technical credit toward an Associate Degree or Technical Certificate. Students may be part time or full time in Career/Technical Dual Enrollment.
- Early Admission - Highly qualified high school students may enroll full time in college, and simultaneously earn high school credits toward a high school diploma and college credit toward an Associate or Baccalaureate Degree. Students must have completed, prior to Early Admission, a minimum of six semesters of full time secondary enrollment (grades 9-11). Eligibility criteria, as stated in paragraphs #1 and #2 above, also apply to Early Admission.
The following are ineligible to be counted as Dual Enrollment:
- Vocational preparatory instruction
- College preparatory instruction
- Other forms of pre-college instruction
- Physical education and recreational studies that focus on physical execution of skills rather than the intellectual attributes of an activity
- Private music lessons
How can I register for Dual Enrollment courses?
Students must submit the following items to either Educational Services at the Main Campus or any IRSC Campus.
- Fill out: Dual Enrollment Application
- Fill out: Dual Enrollment Admission / Registration Form
This form must be signed by the high school designee, parent or legal guardian (if the student is under 18 years of age), and a student.
- Enhanced ACT, SATI-Recentered, or CPT scores, if registering for courses in which placement scores are a pre-requisite.
- Home Education students must provide proof of enrollment in a home education program pursuant to S.232.02(4) in addition to the items above.
Once the student has been registered he or she must take a copy of their course schedule along with the appropriate copy of the IRSC Dual Enrollment/Early Admissions Registration Card to the Business Office on the Main Campus or any IRSC Campus for tuition payment. Registration is not complete until this has been done.
Orientation (Take Online!)
Dual Enrollment Orientation is now Online! Please go to MyIRSC to Log in and register for ORI0010 reference #230716. The short orientation class will be available in Blackboard for you to complete. *All NEW Dual Enrollment students must complete SLS1101 Student Success during their first semester.