EDUCATOR PREPARATION INSTITUTE (EPI)
|JOIN US — EPI INFORMATION SESSION
|EPI Information Session - Main Campus, Fort Pierce
Monday, June 17th, 2013 at 5:00 p.m.
location Building E, Room 109 (No RSVP Needed)
The Educator Preparation Institute at IRSC provides a fast track to a teaching career for anyone who holds a Bachelor’s Degree in a field other than education. You can complete the program in less than a year with convenient Saturday, evening and online classes. And, you’ll be well-prepared to become a highly qualified teacher with professional state certification. Dozens of people from all walks of life have completed the program and have been hired by school districts.
Share your knowledge, give back to the community and positively impact the future as a teacher!
Indian River State College is actively involved with the recruitment and education of teachers for Treasure Coast classrooms, and the EPI was developed to combat the teacher shortage. EPI assists with certification in all subject disciplines with a special emphasis on attracting teachers in math, science and Exceptional Student Education (ESE).
Looking for a Career Change?
Adults ready for a career change, displaced workers, U.S. Veterans and mothers entering the workforce are especially encouraged to enter the program.
- EDG4410 Classroom Management and Communication - Formerly EPI0001 Classroom Management
- EDF3214 Human Development and Learning - Formerly EPI0004 Teaching & Learning Process
- EME2040 Introduction to Technology for Educators - Formerly EPI0003 Technology for Teaching
- EDG3343 Instructional Strategies - Formerly EPI0002 Instructional Strategies
- EDG3940 EPI Practicum
- EDF2005 Introduction to the Teaching Profession - Formerly EPI0020 Professional Foundations & EPI0940 Field experience
- EDF2085 Introduction to Diversity & Exceptionalities for Educators - Formerly EPI0030 Diversity & EPI0945 Field experience
- RED3360 Teaching Reading in Middle/Secondary Schools – Formerly EPI0010 Researched Based Practices