Educator Preparation Institute (EPI)
JOIN US — EPI INFORMATION SESSION
EPI Information Session - Main Campus, Fort Pierce
New Date: Thursday, February 17, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Building E, Room 109 (No RSVP Needed)
The Educator Preparation Institute at IRSC provides a fast track to a teaching career for anyone who holds a Bachelor’s Degree in a field other than education. You can complete the program in less than a year with convenient day, evening, and online classes. And, you’ll be well-prepared to become a highly qualified teacher with professional state certification. Dozens of people from all walks of life have completed the program and have been hired by school districts.
Share your knowledge, give back to the community and positively impact the future as a teacher!
Indian River State College is actively involved with the recruitment and education of teachers for Treasure Coast classrooms, and the EPI was developed to combat the teacher shortage. EPI assists with certification in all subject disciplines with a special emphasis on attracting teachers in math, science and Exceptional Student Education (ESE).
Looking for a Career Change?
Adults ready for a career change, displaced workers, U.S. Veterans and mothers entering the workforce are especially encouraged to enter the program.
- EDF2005* Introduction to the Teaching Profession
- EDF2085** Introduction to Diversity & Exceptionalities for Educators
- EME2040 Introduction to Technology for Educators
- EDG4410 Classroom Management and Communication
- RED3360 Teaching Reading in Middle/Secondary Schools
- EDF3214* Human Development and Learning
- EDG3343* Instructional Strategies (co-requisite with EDG3929)
- EDG3949* Practicum (co-requisite with EDG3343)
*Courses that include a required field experience component in the public school setting.
** Course includes a required field experience but not in the public school setting.