ACADEMIC SUPPORT CENTER
Where are we located?
- Main Campus in Fort Pierce (St. Lucie County), Library Building, 3rd Floor, L-212
- Pruitt Campus in Port St. Lucie (St. Lucie County, J-212
- Chastain Campus in Stuart (Martin County), C-109
- Mueller Campus in Vero Beach (Indian River County), A-114
- Dixon Hendry Campus in Okeechobee (Okeechobee County, B-130
Whom do we serve?
- Students enrolled at Indian River State College
- Anyone wanting to upgrade skills for college entrance, job entry, or self-improvement
- High school graduates preparing for entry into one of IRSC's career or certificate programs
- Students enrolled in the After-School Academic Support program
What services do we provide?
Support in English, reading, math, science, and health science for daily class assignments and homework, specific assignments based on instructors’ referrals, and diagnostic/prescriptive work based on assessments
- Health Occupations:
Handouts, workshops, and tutoring for RN, PN, and HOBET pre-entrance exams; workshops, review sessions, models, and slides for prerequisite classes; and drug calculation assistance
- Workshop Series:
Free workshop sessions covering topics in English, reading, math, science, and health science
- Review Sessions:
Tutor-guided review sessions designed to support student learning through unit and cumulative reviews in key, math, science, English, and reading
Computer-assisted instruction in reading, English, math, science, and health occupation courses and word processing, spread sheet, and data base
- Special Needs Equipment:
JAWS (Job Access With Speech) program and Open Book computer reading machine for visually-impaired students
No appointments are necessary -- stop by any time we are open.
Children, cell-phone conversations, or meals are not permitted in the Centers. Beverages in closed containers and light snacks are permitted.