The purpose of the Minority Affairs Office is to aid and assist minority students in their quest for an education. Special efforts to recruit, retain, and graduate minority students are undertaken on an ongoing basis.
Several programs are available through this office that help in assisting students.
- Academic Advising — offers assistance in the selection of courses to middle, high school and college level students.
- Academic Workshops — Academic success workshops i.e. Test taking skills, College survival skills, study skills, resource availability etc.
- Cultural Exchange Club — offers opportunities through educational channels that will contribute to the social, economical and cultural growth of minority students.
- Male Ensemble — connects with middle, high school and college male students through harmonious melodies.
- Annual Diversity Programs and Activities — celebrates the diversity of students, employees and community (see calendar).
- Scholarship/ Financial Aid — assist in scholarship assistance and completion of financial aid forms.
- Annual Back to School kickoff — motivates middle and high school students to obtain academic and personal success.
- Senior Salute — celebrates the academic success of high school seniors.
- Dual Enrollment — encourages students to jumpstart their college education.
Events We Sponsor — It's Fun and Educational!
Throughout the year we sponsor several wonderful programs about history, cultural diversity and more. These are just a few: Black History : Cultural Diversity : Male Ensemble : Hispanic Heritage : Women's History : Asian/Pacific American Heritage.
Success Skills Workshops!
Very helpful videos on self-help skills.
|Fall and Spring Semesters
|Monday – Friday 8:00a.m. – 5:00p.m.
||Monday – Thursday 7:00a.m. – 5:30p.m. Friday Closed