Philosophy “Develop the Whole Student”
The Student Activities Office strives to cultivate a campus community where students can achieve success and become socially responsible citizens. Our purpose is to support the College’s mission by providing services and programs while fostering student learning in and out of the classroom. The Student Activities Office provides assistance to individual students and student organizations in the planning, management and evaluation of programs and organizational activities directed toward meeting the wide variety of students’ needs and interests.
Student Activities is a fundamental part of the educational process. We are a resource for social, recreational, multi-cultural and leadership activities that are designed to enhance a student’s education. To achieve this purpose, our philosophical foundations are:
- To enhance discovery of intellectual knowledge through direct application.
- To be a student-centered department where we provide a balance between challenge and support.
- To foster the personal growth and development of individuals through the intentional integration of learning experiences.
- To support co-educational programming, leadership development opportunities and other educational endeavors.
- To assist students in creating and leading student organizations.
- Learning – We complement and enhance the classroom experience.
- Service – We are dedicated to serving students and our broader community.
- Advocacy – We strive to be student advocates.
- Balance – We work for wellness and balance in our activities and events to show the need for recreation and leisure in a healthy lifestyle.
- Ethical Decision Making – We believe in honesty and integrity.
- Community – We desire a supportive and inclusive office environment and campus community where everyone feels welcome.
For more information on how to get involved contact the student activities department at (772) 462-7473 / (772) 462-7476 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Fall and Spring Semesters
|Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
||Monday – Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.