STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
Services and Activities
Graduation is Our Goal! — The SSS program utilizes a holistic approach to student services, focusing on individual participant needs. This approach provides a student-centered environment that maximizes the academic and personal potential of each participant. In order to achieve program success, students are encouraged to explore their personal talents and abilities, to believe in themselves, to develop a vision for their lives, to set highest standards, to aspire to academic and personal excellence, to utilize the full range of campus resources, and to develop a sense of community and social responsibility.
- Academic Advisement — one-on-one assistance in selecting the correct courses to take.
- Achievers Club — make new friends, get study tips, develop leadership skills.
- Personal and Career Counseling — need help with personal issues or deciding what to do with the rest of your life.
- Tutoring — One-on-One or small group tutoring available Monday – Friday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Laptop Loan Program — laptops are available on short term loan for SSS students who have a 2.5 gpa and 30 credits toward their degree.
- College/University Tours — day trips to tour state universities.
- Cultural Enrichment Activities — do you like to go to concerts, plays, museums?
- Incentives — Earn an A, get a movie pass.
- Community Service Projects — volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Beach Clean-up, Relay for Life, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, and the Heart Walk.
- Success Workshops — need help learning how to study, take notes, manage your time, save money and stay out of debt.
- SSS Learning Lab — textbooks and other instructional resources will be available to SSS participants in the new SSS Learning Lab open from Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Transfer Assistance — what transfers, what doesn't , do I really need to take this class to transfer?
Signing Up For (SSS) TRIO Program
Interested? Stop by our office! We want to talk to you about signing up for this great program.
|Fall and Spring Semesters
|Monday – Friday 8:00a.m. – 5:00p.m.
||Monday – Thursday 7:00a.m. – 5:30p.m. Friday Closed