Equity and Diversity
Indian River State College embraces the fact that equity is at the very heart of all student success and recognizes that true equity does not mean treating all students the same, but rather provides individual students the unique encouragement, opportunities and support that he or she needs to succeed. IRSC is defined by the belief that a multiplicity of values and beliefs, interests and experiences, and intellectual and cultural viewpoints enrich learning and inform scholarship.
Indian River State College provides resources across the institution to promote access, respect, inclusiveness and community in all of our working and learning environments. The faculty, staff, and students of IRSC perceive diversity and equity as a critical component of the institution’s mission and goals. We continue to evolve to include people of all ethnicities, races, religions, socioeconomic groups, sexual orientations, and gender.
Title IX Compliance
IRSC is altering operations until further notice due to COVID-19. During this time students will be taking their courses online and staff and faculty may be working remotely. Students, staff and faculty needing the assistance of the Title IX/Equity Office should email or call the office with concerns. Incidents can also be reported online using the IRSC Harassment Discrimination Complaint Form or to report Sexual Misconduct. I will try to respond to inquiries as soon as possible.
Equity Officer/ Title IX Coordinator
Indian River State College
- If you have an immediate health or safety concern please dial 9-1-1.
- National Sexual Assault Telephone Hotline 800-656-4673 (HOPE) RAINN
- Abuse Counseling and Treatment Center (ACT) 24 hour hotline 239-939-3112
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- IRSC Campus Police 772-462-4755
- 6Hx11-3.13 IRSC Non-Discrimination and Non-Harassment Policy
- 6Hx11-3.151 IRSC Sexual Assault, Sexual Misconduct, or Other Crimes of Violence Policy
- AP-3.151 Procedures Regarding Sexual Assault Sexual Misconduct Other Crimes of Violence
- AP-3.131 Non-Discrimination and Non-Harassment Policy Violation Reporting Procedures
- AP-3.151(b) Procedures for Responding to Allegations of Title IX Sexual Misconduct
including Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Impersonal Violence, and