The Assessment (Testing) Centers of Indian River State College are dedicated to providing professional, secure testing services that promote equal opportunity for academic success, personal growth and career development in a welcoming and pleasant testing environment.
Fall and Spring Semesters (all campuses):
Monday to Thursday: 8:00 a.m.–8:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
Monday to Thursday: 8:00 a.m.–8:30 p.m.
Exams must be completed by the closing times above.
The Assessment Centers administer standardized tests, exams for IRSC online courses, individual makeup exams for students in traditional and blended classes, special-needs testing for any student who has been approved for special accommodations through Student Accessibility Services, Pearson Vue Certification Examinations and exams for distance learners from other schools and organizations.
IRSC administers the following standardized exams and academic tests through its Assessment Centers:
- CLEP® College Level Examination Program
- Distance Learning Exams for Other Schools and Organizations
- Foreign Language Achievement Testing Services (FLATS)
- GED® Test
- National League of Nursing Online Pre-Admission Exam for PN/RN Candidates (NLN Exam)
- Pearson Vue Certification Exams
- P.E.R.T.—Postsecondary Education Readiness Test
- TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education—Career Training)
IRSC is no longer a testing center for ACT® and SAT® exams.
*GED is a registered trademark of the American Council on Education (ACE) and administered exclusively by GED Testing Service LLC under license.
Test Day Checklist
The Indian River State College Assessment Centers administer more than 70,000 exams annually. Familiarize yourself with the testing procedures below, and view the Testing Procedures–Be Prepared video to ensure a quiet, safe and fair testing environment for all test-takers.
Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Current driver license with photo
- Current federal-, state-, county- or municipality-issued ID with photo (includes U.S. Military ID)
- Current Alien Registration Card (Green Card) with photo
- Current Passport with recent photo
- Current U.S. Passport Card
- Current High School ID
- Current Indian River State College Student ID card
A valid photo ID is required for all exams taken at Indian River State College. If an ID has an expiration date, it is no longer valid after that date. Also, once an ID is broken into more than one piece or has been cut, it is no longer valid. An ID printed on paper, photo paper or cardboard cannot be accepted for testing purposes.
- Cell phones and all electronic devices (MP3 players, etc.) must be turned completely off in the testing room and waiting area. During testing, cell phones and all other electronic devices must not be visible. We strongly recommend that you not bring cell phones or any other unapproved electronic devices to the Assessment Centers.
- Comply with requests from proctors in a respectful manner.
- Provide a valid and current photo ID—preferably a driver license or an IRSC Student ID.
- Be aware of Assessment Centers hours of operation. Exams must be completed in one sitting by closing time. Breaks are not permitted.
- Leave your children with a caretaker. No children are permitted in the testing room or waiting area.
- Hand the completed test and all scrap paper to the testing personnel.
- Place books and other materials in the designated area.
- Hats and sunglasses must be removed while in the testing room.
- Testing computers are only to be used for taking exams. Do not visit other websites, check your email or use non-testing programs.
- Sit in the seat that you are assigned by the proctor.
- Refrain from talking to anyone other than the proctor once you are seated.
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the Assessment Center or check-in area.
- For standardized exams (e.g., GED®, P.E.R.T., TABE, CLEP®, or NLN) additional disciplinary and/or criminal actions may be taken by the statewide or nationwide organization responsible for creating the exam
- Failing an exam and/or course
- Suspension or expulsion from a specific program or from Indian River State College
- The privilege to complete an exam or retest may be delayed or forfeited
Academic dishonesty is a broad category including, but not limited to:
- Plagiarism: copying another person’s words, written or verbal, and representing them as one’s own
- Cheating: intentionally using or attempting to use unauthorized materials, electronic devices (including cell phones), information, people, websites, software or study aids, or extending to or receiving any kind of unauthorized assistance to or from another person on any examination
- Stealing: the unethical use of or distribution of secured exam questions (with or without answers)
- Time Limit Violations: continuing an exam after the allotted time has expired
Contact the Assessment Centers
Assessment Centers are available at each of the five IRSC campuses.
The Centers and staff are affiliated with the National College Testing Association and the Florida Association of College Test Administrators.