Register for Classes
Virtual Welcome Desks are available through Blackboard Collaborate, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Register for Fall Classes
All admitted students may now begin registering for Fall. Register and pay for classes online via MyPioneerPortal.
To view available classes, search the IRSC online course schedule.
Fall Registration 2020—What You Need to Know
Fall term at IRSC will provide hybrid courses, which blend both face-to-face and online instruction, alongside a robust schedule of wholly online courses available through our Virtual Campus.
- The hybrid option couples online learning with in-person instruction—including hands-on labs and workforce training programs—with class sizes and safety precautions aligned with CDC guidelines. This fall, you will see hybrid offerings expanded to include subjects such as cosmetology, culinary, math, English, performing arts, human services, accounting, digital media, and physical sciences.
- Fall term also features hundreds of remote learning options for students who prefer the flexibility of online learning or who feel safer at home.
- Some remote courses meet with an established pattern—lectures, discussions and presentations take place at specific hours—while others allow students more flexibility to complete work on their own time. When registering for class, students can check the “Delivery Method” field in the course description to see what is expected. (See Q & A below.)
- All online classes will require verification of your identification as per the instructor’s syllabus. A desktop computer or laptop with a working webcam and microphone will be required in all online classes. Classes requiring proctored exams will be proctored online by Honorlock, which is a remote proctoring service. Please review the Honorlock Information for Students page to ensure your equipment is compatible, and for additional Honorlock details.
Those returning to campus during the Fall term will notice that IRSC has established an abundance of safety practices. Expect to see decals on many floors reminding us to stand six feet apart, a plethora of hand sanitizing stations, familiar faces sporting masks and face shields, plexiglass at service counter spaces and other precautions that ensure the ongoing health and safety of our students, faculty and staff.
Students and employees should NOT visit any IRSC physical location if they are experiencing any symptoms of illness.
Remote courses are delivered online to your computer, laptop or smart device. Some courses occur with an established meeting pattern, while others allow students more flexibility to complete work on their own time.
When registering for your classes in Workday, you will want to check the “Delivery Method” field in the course description to see what is expected for your class. The majority of course offerings are labeled “Online,” however, many other courses have the description “Other Distance Mode.” Here’s what those two terms mean:
Other Distance Mode: Students meet with their instructors and class at designated dates and times, generally in Blackboard Collaborate. Lectures, discussions and presentations take place at specific hours, according to the schedule noted in the Meeting Patterns field. All students must be online at that exact time in order to participate in the class. These courses generally have an instructor assigned.
Online: Traditional online course delivery provides an opportunity to learn and complete assignments on a more flexible schedule. Classes are not confined to particular dates and times, and students typically have more flexibility to access materials, lectures, tests and assignments.
Instructors are listed for “Other Distance Mode” classes, but you likely won’t see instructors for “Online” classes. As groups of 25 or 30 enroll, they will be placed into a class section, and as the Summer semester nears, the “Online” sections will be assigned an instructor.
IRSC is working to establish safety protocols and measures that will allow students limited access to our student services centers on each campus. At this time, we encourage our students to register online and to reach out to us in one of the following ways for assistance with the application or registration process:
Registering from a Saved Schedule
All students, regardless of registration date, may plan ahead and create a saved schedule. To learn more, log into MyPioneerPortal, choose Workday and select the Academics worklet "How to Register from a Saved Schedule."
Ninety-one percent (91%) of IRSC students graduate without debt! Explore all of your financial aid and scholarship options to find out how to graduate without debt. Be sure to file your FAFSA if you haven’t already.
IRSC is among the most affordable institution for higher education anywhere—a March 2020 Fox Business report names IRSC the most affordable higher education institution in the nation.
|June 24||Classes begin: Session B.|
|June 29||First day to register: Fall 2020 Schedule.|
|June 30||Last day to drop classes: Session B. No refunds after this date. Students who have not paid their tuition and fees or received coverage from other sources will be dropped from Session B classes.|
|August 15||Registration Deadline for Full-Term and Session A classes. Students who have not paid their tuition and fees or received payment coverage from other sources will be dropped from their classes.|
|August 16||Registration not available.|
|August 17||Late Registration begins for Fall Full-Term and Session A classes. Payment due at time of registration.|
|August 19||Classes Begin: Full Term and Session A Schedule.|
|October 8||Last day of Session A classes.|
|October 13||Last day to register and pay all fees for Session B classes. Payment due at time of registration.|
|October 14||Classes Begin: Session B Schedule.|
Virtual Information Sessions
- 07/14/2020 - ONLINE: Assessment Information Session
- 07/14/2020 - ONLINE: Bachelor's Degree Information Session
- 07/14/2020 - ONLINE: Advising Information Session
- 07/14/2020 - ONLINE: Admissions & Records Information Session
- 07/15/2020 - ONLINE: New Student Orientation
- 07/15/2020 - ONLINE: Career & Transfer Services Information Session
- 07/15/2020 - ONLINE: Admissions & Records Information Session
- 07/15/2020 - ONLINE: Health Science Showcase
- 07/15/2020 - ONLINE: Dual Enrollment Information Session
- 07/15/2020 - ONLINE: Financial Aid Information Session
IRSC Information Call Center
Call us at 772-462-4772 or toll-free at 1-866-792-4772 at the hours listed below:
Call Center Summer Hours
Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., on Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
Due to FERPA, questions about student accounts cannot be answered on social media.