Presidential Search Committee
Posted February 27, 2020
View the February 25, 2020 Board Workshop minutes.
Posted February 26, 2020
View the February 25, 2020 DRAFT meeting minutes.
Posted February 25, 2020
View the February 25, 2020 meeting agenda.
Posted February 14, 2020
Posted January 28, 2020
The IRSC Search Committee unanimously accepted its Charge, finalized a timeline of activities, and more at its first meeting.
Posted January 6, 2020, updated February 26, 2020
The IRSC District Board of Trustees has finalized membership to its Presidential Search Committee. Committee members represent the diversity of the Indian River State College population and the College’s service district of Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee and St. Lucie counties. Committee members will assist in developing posting materials, reviewing applications, and completing various other search processes, ultimately leading to the recommendation of a final pool of candidates to the Board of Trustees.
IRSC Board of Trustees
- Vicki Davis, Search Committee Chairperson, Martin County
- Sandra Krischke, Search Committee Co-Chair, St. Lucie County
- Jose Conrado, Indian River County
- Susan Caron, St. Lucie County
- Mark Feurer, Indian River County
- Tony George, Martin County
- Christa Luna, Okeechobee County
- Brant Schirard, St. Lucie County
IRSC Foundation Board
- Mike Adams, St. Lucie County
- Susanne Clemons, Okeechobee County
- Ted Astolfi, CEO/President, Economic Council of Martin County, Martin County
- Larry Lee, Business Owner and former State Representative, St. Lucie County
- Laura Zorc, Chair, Indian River County School Board, Indian River County
- Jennifer Capers, Ph.D., Professor, Biological Sciences
- Daphne Cooper, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Social Sciences
- Armon Copeland, D.N.P., Assistant Professor, Nursing
- John Donohue, M.P.A. Ph.D., Associate Professor, Public Service Education
IRSC Administration Representative
- Adriene Jefferson, Equity Officer, Title IX Coordinator and Administrative Director of Northwest Center
IRSC Career Service/Staff Representative
- Cynthia Bruin, Director of Grants Development
IRSC Student Representative
- Jacqueline Zamora, IRSC Student and Peer Tutor
Additionally, the Board of Trustees appointed the following staff to support the Committee:
- Melissa Whigham, Assistant Dean of Human Resources
- Richard V. Neill Jr., College Attorney
- Suzanne Parsons, Secretary to the Board of Trustees
Posted November 22, 2019
The Presidential Search Committee will identify finalists for IRSC's next president. The Presidential Search Committee will assist in developing posting materials and screening processes, reviewing candidates, participating in various listening sessions and completing various other search activities, that ultimately lead to the recommendation of a final pool of candidates to the District Board of Trustees. Committee members will represent the diversity of the Indian River State College population and the College’s service district of Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee and St. Lucie counties.
The Search Committee will be led by Trustee Vicki Davis (Martin County) who will serve as Chairperson, and Trustee Sandra Krischke (St. Lucie County) who will serve as Co-Chair.
Search Committee Nominations Open Through December 9, 2019
The Presidential Search Committee will be comprised of the IRSC District Board of Trustees, plus members representative of the IRSC Foundation (2), community (4), Faculty (4), Administration (1), career service/Staff (1) and the IRSC student body (1).
IRSC is seeking Search Committee members who possess an understanding of the role of a College President within the College, the community, the state, and the nation. Individuals must be knowledgeable of the internal and external operations of the College and have a demonstrated interest in the College. Commitment to community service, student success, and academic excellence is essential.
Candidates must submit a single page letter that speaks to their qualifications based on the criteria and why they are interested in participating on this committee. Those who would like to nominate another individual must provide the same information as noted above regarding qualifications in the same single page format and must also include an explanation regarding the reason why they are nominating the individual.
Nominations must be submitted via email to PresidentSearch@irsc.edu, no later than December 9, 2019. Questions may be directed to the Assistant Dean of Human Resources, Melissa Whigham at 772-462-7282 or email@example.com.