Health Services Management
Health services managers are trained as entry-level health professionals to generally coordinate the front office operations for a clinic or physician’s office. Typical duties include working with the public to set appointments, maintain confidential medical records and facilitate some billing or accounting functions.
Once You Complete the Program
Program graduates seek employment in a hospital, clinic, outpatient surgery center, physician’s office, public health agency, long-term care facility or laboratory. Others take advantage of the rapidly growing healthcare industry and its demand for more managers with a four-year degree by continuing with an IRSC Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare Management.
The Health Services Management program is a selective-admissions program. Students are selected based on criteria outlined in the Health Services Management Application Book.
For more information, contact:
Health Services Management Program Information Sessions
Students interested in the Health Services Management program, must view the online information/orientation video.
Applying to the Health Services Management Program
Need help with your Health Science application? Call 772-462-7036, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Google Chrome is the preferred web browser to use when completing your applications.
- Current/returning students: Log into MyPioneerPortal with your IRSC RiverMail address and your password. Login to confirm that your IRSC admissions (transcripts, residency, New Student orientation and holds) are completed prior to the application deadline date.
- New students: complete the IRSC Online Application for Admission.
- On the Admission Application Instructions webpage, click on the blue SIGN IN button.
- If you have not submitted a health science application for the 2020-2021 school year (July 2020 to
present), you will need to select Create Account at the bottom of the Sign In box.
- You will need to check your email for the address provided to verify the account before signing in. Please check both the junk/spam and inbox folders for this email. The email will be from IRSC Workday.
- Once you have clicked on the link or copied and pasted it in a new web browser, sign in to the Health Science Application Portal.
- If you have submitted a health science application for the 2020-2021 school year (July 2020 to present), sign in using the email address provided when you created the account (this will NOT be your RiverMail or Pioneer Portal sign in).
- On the Admissions Application Instruction webpage, select Health Science Associate Application (Degree, Diploma, Technical Certificate).
- Click on the blue Apply Now.
- Once you complete all of the questions, select Pay Now in blue to submit the $30 application fee.
- A new screen will open to enter you payment information. SAVE YOUR RECEIPT.
Go back to the application screen (in a different tab/window) and click the blue NEXT button. Check the box next to the acknowledgement and click on the blue SUBMIT button.
To complete an in-progress application, return to the Health Science Admissions Application site and sign into your account using the Sign In Button at the top right corner of the page with the credentials you created when you submitted your application. Once you’re signed in, select the application type of the application you started under Admissions on the right. You’ll see your in-progress application under Your Applications with a status of Not Submitted. Click on the link to complete it.
To review your application status, return to the Health Science Admissions Application site and sign into your account using the Sign In Button at the top right corner of the page with the credentials you created when you submitted your application. Once you’re signed in, select the application type of the application you started under Admissions on the right. You’ll see your submitted application under Your Applications – click on it to see actions required.
Additional Program Information
This is a national organization which supplements and complements the health occupations education curriculum. HOSA provides students in secondary, postsecondary and collegiate programs with opportunities to develop personal, leadership and career skills needed by healthcare providers. HOSA helps develop the total person, not just job-specific skills. The rapidly changing healthcare system needs workers who are technically skilled, people-oriented and capable of accepting leadership positions as a member of a team. Learn more.
Academic Plans/Guided Pathways for Health Services ManagementTo view and print an Academic Plan/Guided Pathway, double-click on the program title.
For course descriptions, see the College Catalog.Academic Plans/Guided Pathways are recommended sequences of courses and prerequisites needed to complete your degree. It is a general suggestion for when to take your courses; it is not a course schedule. Students should meet with their advisors to make appropriate course selections. The Academic Plans/Guided Pathways listed below are for the current academic year. Students should consult with their advisors for plan requirements specific to their academic year.
Associate of Science
With an Associate in Science Degree from IRSC, you’ll be well-prepared for a professional career in health services management.