Registered Nurses (R.N.s) assess patient health problems and needs, provide hands-on daily care, monitor patient progress, educate, manage and supervise.
Once You Complete the Program
Graduates seek employment at a hospital, physician’s office, clinic, surgery center, nursing home, school system, private home or residential care facility after passing the National Council Licensure Examination.
The Associate Degree in Nursing (R.N.) program is a selective admission program. Students are selected based on criteria outlined in the Registered Nurse (R.N.) Application Packet.
For more information, contact:
- Request Information
- Register for an Event or Information Session
- Registered Nurse (R.N.) Application Packet
- Registered Nurse Program Expenses
- Graduate Outcomes and End of Program Learning Outcomes
- NLN Review Dates for R.N. and P.N. Nursing Program Applicants
- NLN Pre-Admission Examination for L.P.N. and R.N. candidates
- Florida Board of Nursing NCLEX Pass Rate
Information sessions for IRSC nursing programs take place on the third Thursday of each month at 4:00 p.m. in room H-106 of the Mary L. Fields Health Science Center on Main Campus in Fort Pierce. Upcoming sessions:
- 05/16/2019 - Nursing/LPN/RN/NA Information Session
- 06/20/2019 - Nursing/LPN/RN/NA Information Session
- 07/18/2019 - Nursing/LPN/RN/NA Information Session
- 08/15/2019 - Nursing/LPN/RN/NA Information Session
Applying to the Associate Degree in Nursing (R.N.) Program
The IRSC Associate Degree in Nursing (R.N.) program is accepting students for its Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 class. Applicants seeking Fall 2019 enrollment must apply between January 2 and May 2, 2019. Applicants for Spring 2020 enrollment may apply between July 1 and September 5, 2019.
All applicants to the IRSC Nursing R.N. program must have an NLN minimum score of 110 A/PI.
New students must first complete the online Application for Admission. Check admission requirements prior to submitting your application.
New and returning students must also follow these directions to complete and submit the Nursing R.N. Application prior to the application deadline.
- Sign into MyIRSC, and enter your Student ID and PIN number.
- Go to Registration (blue menu bar), and select Associate Degree Nursing.
- Place a check mark in the I Agree Statement.
- In the Health Science Program box, select Nursing R.N. Application Deadline: this automatically fills in the program deadline date.
- Select Submit. Select OK.
- Select Pay Fee Now and then Pay Now.
- Select Process For Payment.
- Select $30 application fee.
- Enter credit card details.
- Submit payment.
The IRSC Associate Degree in Nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Additional Program Information
This is a national organization which supplements and complements the health occupations education curriculum. HOSA provides students in secondary, postsecondary and collegiate programs with opportunities to develop personal, leadership and career skills needed by healthcare providers. HOSA helps develop the total person, not just job-specific skills. The rapidly changing healthcare system needs workers who are technically skilled, people-oriented and capable of accepting leadership positions as a member of a team. Join now.
Academic Plan/Guided Pathway for Practical Nursing
For course descriptions, see the College Catalog.Academic Plans/Guided Pathways are recommended sequences of courses and prerequisites needed to complete your degree. It is a general suggestion for when to take your courses; it is not a course schedule. Students should meet with their advisors to make appropriate course selections. The Academic Plans/Guided Pathways listed below are for the current academic year. Students should consult with their advisors for plan requirements specific to their academic year.
Associate of Science
Gain management and technical skills in the high-demand field of nursing, with the option to continue toward a Bachelor’s Degree at IRSC.