Nursing—Registered Nursing (R.N.) to B.S.N.
Open new doors in your nursing career with the Indian River State College R.N. to B.S.N. Degree program. Building on the skills, knowledge and experiences of your Associate Degree, the nurse prepared with a Baccalaureate Degree utilizes an evidence-based practice model. This model uses the best scientific evidence, based on clinical experience and research, while incorporating patient preferences and values in the practice of professional nursing care. This dynamic program offers online didactic lectures with clinical placement in four Florida counties: Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee and St. Lucie.
Once You Complete the Program
Registered nurses ready for advancement to leadership and management positions complete the Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing for additional training, positioning them for advancement with a highly valued credential.
For more information, contact:
- Request Information
- Register for an Event or Information Session
- BSN Program Expenses
- Academic Plan/Guided Pathway
- Graduate Outcomes
- B.S.N. End of Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Requirements for NUR 4636C Community Health Nursing and NUR4827 Leadership and Management in Professional Nursing
- Examity Information and Costs for RN-BSN Courses
Free information sessions are held periodically throughout the year. Upcoming sessions:
- 11/19/2020 - RN-BSN Nursing Information Session - ONLINE ONLY
- 12/17/2020 - RN-BSN Nursing Information Session - ONLINE ONLY
Applying to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree Program
Students are accepted into the IRSC Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing program each semester.
Admission requirements for the R.N.-B.S.N. Degree at Indian River State College:
- A.S. in Nursing Degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Active, unencumbered, valid home state of Florida R.N. License
- G.P.A. of 2.5
- Florida residency declaration for tuition purposes
- Completion of the following courses with a “C” or higher: BSC 2093 & 2093L, BSC 2094 & 2094L or equivalent
- Completion of MGF2106, MGF 2107, or MAC1105 or higher with a grade of “C” or higher
- Completion of a nursing advising meeting
New students must first complete the online Application for Admission.
The IRSC R.N. to B.S.N. program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Additional Program Information
This is a national organization which supplements and complements the health occupations education curriculum. HOSA provides students in secondary, postsecondary and collegiate programs with opportunities to develop personal, leadership and career skills needed by healthcare providers. HOSA helps develop the total person, not just job-specific skills. The rapidly changing healthcare system needs workers who are technically skilled, people-oriented and capable of accepting leadership positions as a member of a team. Join now.
Academic Plan/Guided Pathway for B.S.N.To view and print an Academic Plan/Guided Pathway, double-click on the program title.
For course descriptions, see the College Catalog.Academic Plans/Guided Pathways are recommended sequences of courses and prerequisites needed to complete your degree. It is a general suggestion for when to take your courses; it is not a course schedule. Students should meet with their advisors to make appropriate course selections. The Academic Plans/Guided Pathways listed below are for the current academic year. Students should consult with their advisors for plan requirements specific to their academic year.
Bachelor of Science
Increase your earning power by completing your Nursing B.S. Degree* at IRSC.
*One of 15 degree programs with courses that can be completed online through the IRSC Virtual Campus. At least one proctored assessment is required for each online course. Some programs may also require the student to complete a practicum experience. The R.N. to B.S.N. program at Indian River State College can be completed within five semesters with two courses requiring clinical to be completed in the four-county area.