Applications being accepted now for the Spring 2021 program. The application deadline is December 7, 2020.
Pharmacy technicians enjoy rewarding careers as vital members of the healthcare team—trained to prepare medications under the direction of a pharmacist. They measure, mix, count out, label and record amounts and dosages of medications according to prescription orders.
Once You Complete the Program
Graduates of the IRSC Pharmacy Technician program take the National Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination, and may seek employment in a retail pharmacy, hospital or nursing facility.
Selection for the Pharmacy Technician program is on a first-come, first-served basis. This is based on submission of the requirements outlined in the Pharmacy Technician Application Book.
For more information, contact:
Jessica Fulton, Program Director
Pharmacy Technician Program Information Sessions
Free information sessions are held periodically throughout the year. Upcoming sessions:
- 03/11/2021 - Pharmacy Technician Information Session
- 04/08/2021 - Pharmacy Technician Information Session
- 05/13/2021 - Pharmacy Technician Information Session
- 06/10/2021 - Pharmacy Technician Information Session
Applying to the Pharmacy Technician Program
Now accepting applications for the Spring 2021 program. The application deadline is December 7, 2020.
Need help with your Health Science application? Call 772-462-7036, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Google Chrome is the preferred web browser to use when completing your applications.
- Current/returning students: Log into MyPioneerPortal with your IRSC RiverMail address and your password. Login to confirm that your IRSC admissions (transcripts, residency, New Student orientation and holds) are completed prior to the application deadline date.
- New students: complete the IRSC Online Application for Admission.
- On the Admission Application Instructions webpage, click on the blue SIGN IN button.
- If you have not submitted a health science application for the 2020-2021 school year (July 2020 to
present), you will need to select Create Account at the bottom of the Sign In box.
- You will need to check your email for the address provided to verify the account before signing in. Please check both the junk/spam and inbox folders for this email. The email will be from IRSC Workday.
- Once you have clicked on the link or copied and pasted it in a new web browser, sign in to the Health Science Application Portal.
- If you have submitted a health science application for the 2020-2021 school year (July 2020 to present), sign in using the email address provided when you created the account (this will NOT be your RiverMail or Pioneer Portal sign in).
- On the Admissions Application Instruction webpage, select Health Science Career Training Application (Vocational Certificate).
- Click on the blue Apply Now.
- Once you complete all of the questions, select Pay Now in blue to submit the $30 application fee.
- A new screen will open to enter you payment information. SAVE YOUR RECEIPT.
If the $30 fee is not paid, the application is null/void.
Go back to the application screen (in a different tab/window) and click the blue NEXT button. Check the box next to the acknowledgement and click on the blue SUBMIT button.
To complete an in-progress application, return to the Heatlh Science Admissions Application site and sign into your account using the Sign In Button at the top right corner of the page with the credentials you created when you submitted your application. Once you’re signed in, select the application type of the application you started under Admissions on the right. You’ll see your in-progress application under Your Applications with a status of Not Submitted. Click on the link to complete it.
To review your application status, return to the Health Science Admissions Application site and sign into your account using the Sign In Button at the top right corner of the page with the credentials you created when you submitted your application. Once you’re signed in, select the application type of the application you started under Admissions on the right. You’ll see your submitted application under Your Applications – click on it to see actions required.
The Pharmacy Technician program at Indian River State College is a candidate for accreditation by the American Society of Hospital Pharmacists (ASHP).
Additional Program Information
Our Pharmacy program partners with PioneerRx, the top pharmacy management system in the industry. For more information, visit PioneerRx. See how PioneerRx compares to other software vendors.
This is a national organization which supplements and complements the health occupations education curriculum. HOSA provides students in secondary, postsecondary and collegiate programs with opportunities to develop personal, leadership and career skills needed by healthcare providers. HOSA helps develop the total person, not just job-specific skills. The rapidly changing healthcare system needs workers who are technically skilled, people-oriented and capable of accepting leadership positions as a member of a team. Learn more.
Academic Plans/Guided Pathways for Pharmacy TechnicianTo view and print an Academic Plan/Guided Pathway, double-click on the program title.
For course descriptions, see the College Catalog.Academic Plans/Guided Pathways are recommended sequences of courses and prerequisites needed to complete your degree. It is a general suggestion for when to take your courses; it is not a course schedule. Students should meet with their advisors to make appropriate course selections. The Academic Plans/Guided Pathways listed below are for the current academic year. Students should consult with their advisors for plan requirements specific to their academic year.
Students enrolled in Career Training programs build sophisticated skills. Apprenticeship programs feature on-the-job training.