Physical Therapist Assistant
Physical Therapist Assistants (PTAs) work under the direction of a physical therapist to assist patients in improving their mobility, restoring function and relieving their pain. They are trained to prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or disease.
Once You Complete the Program
Graduates of the IRSC Physical Therapist Assistant program sit for the Florida Jurisprudence Examination and the National PTA Licensure Examination and seek employment in a hospital, physical therapist’s office, skilled nursing facility or in home care.
The Physical Therapist Assistant program is a selective admission program. Students are selected based on criteria outlined in the Physical Therapist Assistant Application Book.
For more information, contact:
Physical Therapist Assistant Information Sessions
Students interested in the Physical Therapist Assistant program, must attend a Physical Therapist Assistant Information Session at the IRSC Main Campus in Fort Pierce. Upcoming sessions:
- 05/02/2019 - Physical Therapist Assistant Information Session
- 06/06/2019 - Physical Therapist Assistant Information Session
- 08/01/2019 - Physical Therapist Assistant Information Session
- 09/05/2019 - Physical Therapist Assistant Information Session
Applying to the Physical Therapist Assistant Program
IRSC is presently accepting applications for the Fall 2019 Physical Therapist Assistant program. The application deadline is May 6, 2019.
New students must first complete the online Application for Admission.
New and returning students must also follow these directions to complete and submit the Physical Therapist Assistant Application prior to the application deadline.
- Sign into MyIRSC, and enter your Student ID and PIN number.
- Go to Registration (blue menu bar), and select Physical Therapist Assistant Application.
- Place a check mark in the I Agree Statement.
- In the Health Science Program box, select Physical Therapist Assistant. Application Deadline: this automatically fills in the program deadline date.
- Select Submit. Select OK.
- Select Pay Fee Now and then Pay Now.
- Select Process For Payment.
- Select $30 application fee.
- Enter credit card details.
- Submit payment.
The IRSC Physical Therapist Assistant program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
Additional Program Information
This is a national organization which supplements and complements the health occupations education curriculum. HOSA provides students in secondary, postsecondary and collegiate programs with opportunities to develop personal, leadership and career skills needed by healthcare providers. HOSA helps develop the total person, not just job-specific skills. The rapidly changing healthcare system needs workers who are technically skilled, people-oriented and capable of accepting leadership positions as a member of a team. Join now.
For course descriptions, see the College Catalog.Academic Plans/Guided Pathways are recommended sequences of courses and prerequisites needed to complete your degree. It is a general suggestion for when to take your courses; it is not a course schedule. Students should meet with their advisors to make appropriate course selections. The Academic Plans/Guided Pathways listed below are for the current academic year. Students should consult with their advisors for plan requirements specific to their academic year.
Physical Therapist Assistant A.S.
Gain management and technical skills in many high-demand career fields, with the option to continue toward a Bachelor’s Degree at IRSC.