Licensed Practical Nurses (L.P.N.s) are trained to work under the direction of doctors and registered nurses to assist with examining and treating patients; measure and record patient vital signs; prepare and administer injections; dress wounds; assist patients with bathing, dressing and eating; and record the progress of patients.
Once You Complete the Program
Graduates seek employment at a hospital, physician’s office, clinic, surgery center, nursing home, school system, private home or residential care facility after passing the National Council Licensure Examination.
The Practical Nursing program is a selective admission program. Students are selected based on criteria outlined in the Practical Nursing Application Packet.
For more information, contact:
- Request Information
- Register for an Event or Information Session
- Practical Nurse (LPN) Application Packet
- Practical Nursing Program Expenses
- Graduate Outcomes
- NLN Review Dates for LPN Nursing Program Applicants
- NLN Pre-Admission Examination for LPN candidates
- Florida Board of Nursing NCLEX Pass Rate
Information sessions for IRSC Nursing programs take place on the third Thursday of each month at 4:00 p.m. in room H-106 of the Mary L. Fields Health Science Center on Main Campus in Fort Pierce. Upcoming sessions:
- 06/20/2019 - Nursing/LPN/RN/NA Information Session
- 07/18/2019 - Nursing/LPN/RN/NA Information Session
- 08/15/2019 - Nursing/LPN/RN/NA Information Session
- 09/19/2019 - Nursing/LPN/RN/NA Information Session
Applying to the Practical Nursing Program
The IRSC Practical Nursing program is presently accepting students for its 2019 Summer B, part-time evening and weekend class beginning on June 26, 2019, at Mueller Campus in Vero Beach. Applications for the Spring 2020 class at Main Campus in Fort Pierce will be accepted from July 1 through September 5, 2019.
New students must first complete the online Application for Admission. Check admission requirements prior to submitting your application.
New and returning students must also follow these directions to complete and submit the Practical Nursing Application prior to the application deadline.
- Sign into MyIRSC, and enter your Student ID and PIN number.
- Go to Registration (blue menu bar), and select Practical Nursing Application.
- Place a check mark in the I Agree Statement.
- In the Health Science Program box, select Practical Nursing. Application Deadline: this automatically fills in the program deadline date.
- Select Submit. Select OK.
- Select Pay Fee Now and then Pay Now.
- Select Process For Payment.
- Select $30 application fee.
- Enter credit card details.
- Submit payment.
Additional Program Information
This is a national organization which supplements and complements the health occupations education curriculum. HOSA provides students in secondary, postsecondary and collegiate programs with opportunities to develop personal, leadership and career skills needed by healthcare providers. HOSA helps develop the total person, not just job-specific skills. The rapidly changing healthcare system needs workers who are technically skilled, people-oriented and capable of accepting leadership positions as a member of a team. Join now.
Academic Plan/Guided Pathway for Practical NursingTo view and print an Academic Plan/Guided Pathway, double-click on the program title.
For course descriptions, see the College Catalog.Academic Plans/Guided Pathways are recommended sequences of courses and prerequisites needed to complete your degree. It is a general suggestion for when to take your courses; it is not a course schedule. Students should meet with their advisors to make appropriate course selections. The Academic Plans/Guided Pathways listed below are for the current academic year. Students should consult with their advisors for plan requirements specific to their academic year.
Students enrolled in the Practical Nursing Career Training program build increasingly sophisticated skills in 150-hour modules.