Advising Services Virtual Information Sessions
Virtual Information Sessions will be held Tuesdays from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to noon, from through August 13. Topics to be reviewed included assigned advisors, academic planning, academic standing and registration errors.
Dial-in (attendees using this PIN appear as anonymous callers in the session):
+1-571-392-7650, PIN: 4187085989
Participants are welcome to join and exit the online session at any time. Registration is recommended at www.irsc.edu/event-sign-up.
All new Indian River State College degree-seeking and Dual Enrollment students are assigned an advisor upon completion of admission to the College.
IRSC advisors help new students successfully transition into college. They will help you identify your learning style, academic strengths and career interests; recommend academic and campus resources; answer questions about your degree; encourage you to build relationships with peers, staff and faculty; and serve as an important source of support all the way to graduation. Advisors makes sure all new students—first-time students, those returning to college, Dual-Enrollment students, and international students—get the best possible start.
During your first term at IRSC, your assigned advisor will help you develop a Guided Pathway/Academic Plan—a customized road map of all courses required for your degree or certificate program—that will be utilized for class selection throughout your enrollment with IRSC.
Your advisor is here to make sure that you have a positive college experience and will recommend resources that meet your needs while helping you navigate your pathway to success.
Throughout your enrollment at IRSC, your advisor will:
- Assist you in exploring your skills, interests, and life and career goals.
- Advise you about programs of study that match those goals and provide you with a clear explanation of program requirements.
- Customize your Guided Pathway, which will provide you with a road map of all courses required for your program and assist you with registration.
- Familiarize you with IRSC technology and help you transition into college life.
- Address your questions and concerns by providing you with consistent, accurate information and by referring you to appropriate college resources.
- Offer ongoing support and encouragement and do everything possible to help you reach your goals.
Throughout your enrollment at IRSC, you will:
- Reflect on who you are, what you want from your college experience and your goals.
- Be thoughtful about your education, set short and long-term goals and work to meet them.
- Make a commitment to manage your time effectively and responsibly.
- Understand that temporary setbacks can be overcome and will not stop you from achieving your goals.
- Seek help when you need it and take advantage of all available resources.
- Become familiar with and use the technology needed to help you be successful.
- Fulfill your potential, reach your goals, and become an IRSC graduate.
IRSC Instructional Advisors and Counselors are available at each of the five branch campuses.
Fall and Spring Semester:
Monday through Thursday: 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Monday through Thursday, 7:00 am.–6:30 p.m.