IRSC Career and Transfer Services educates and assists students and alumni in effectively developing, evaluating and implementing their career plans. Whether it's finding that perfect internship, preparing to land the perfect job, or exploring career options, Career and Transfer Services is the place to start.
The Career and Transfer Center provides also provides individualized virtual career assessment and advising; access to job shadowing and internships; resume writing, job search and mock interviews, and can assist you with transfer and graduate school resources. These services are currently available online or by telephone. Schedule an appointment.
We Are Now Virtual
Career and Transfer Services Virtual Information Sessions
Join these sessions for assistance with career planning, resume writing, interview skills, job placement and transfer to university:
Participants are welcome to join and exit the online session at any time.
Registration is recommended at www.irsc.edu/event-sign-up.
This hands-on workshop will explore various aspects of LinkedIn – a social networking site for business – and the role it can play in your professional career. Learn what recruiters are looking for and how to showcase your skills and experience online. Discover how to use LinkedIn to search for employment.
- 08/27/2020 - ONLINE: LinkedIn Workshop
- 09/22/2020 - ONLINE: LinkedIn Workshop
- 10/15/2020 - ONLINE: LinkedIn Workshop
- 11/10/2020 - ONLINE: LinkedIn Workshop
Internships Advance Careers Workshops
Offered throughout the year, internship and other career workshops explore paid, academic and Capstone internships; uncover where the jobs are; reveal what employers are looking for; assist students in developing a career plan, resume and cover letter; and discuss related topics such as dressing for success, networking and social media.
For information on Internships or Job Shadowing, contact Christine Richard, email@example.com or 772-462-7094.
- 08/25/2020 - ONLINE: Internship Workshop
- 09/17/2020 - ONLINE: Internship Workshop
- 09/29/2020 - ONLINE: Internship Workshop
- 10/08/2020 - ONLINE: Internship Workshop
- 10/21/2020 - ONLINE: Internship Workshop
- 11/05/2020 - ONLINE: Internship Workshop
- 11/17/2020 - ONLINE: Internship Workshop
- 12/02/2020 - ONLINE: Internship Workshop
Exploring career possibilities at the start of your education journey will help you and your advisor tailor your plan of academic study. The Office of Career and Transfer Services offers in-person consultation and assessment as well as the following online resources:
- Career Coach for online career assessment, wage and employment data, and exploration of IRSC programs that lead to your career goal
- O-Net to research national data on careers and occupations
- Measuring the Economic Success of Florida’s Graduates to explore correlations between post-secondary degrees, employment and earnings
Career Tools and Job Banks
Indian River State College offers students a variety of web-based tools to help them professionally create, manage and share the essential information that employers are looking for:
- CareerSource Research Coast and CareerSource Heartland (DeSoto, Hardee, Highlands and Okeechobee counties) for job search assistance, skills assessments, training opportunities and more.
- College Central Network Job Bank to access local and national job postings, build a resume or online portfolio, manage your on-campus interview schedule and keep track of your job search history, and more.
- Employ Florida to discover great jobs in Florida, examine job market trends and get career tips.
- Florida Shines to explore careers, make a plan for education and prepare for work.
- Job Interview Questions to uncover a repository of job-specific questions that employers are likely to ask during an interview.
- Optimal Resume for assessing and building employability skills, and creating and managing resumes, cover letters, websites and more.
The Indian River State College Office of Career and Transfer Services invites area employers to list available positions with our College Central job bank, provide meaningful experiences for student interns, and participate in job fairs and other networking events. The College also offers employers a quiet space to conduct interviews. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 772-462-7470 or 1-866-792-4772 ext. 7470 for more information. Fill out the online form to reserve the interview room.
Resources and Services
- Internship and job databases
- Assessment tools for educational and career planning
- Resume, cover letter and interview preparation services, including mock interviews
- Job fairs, career forums and other networking opportunities
Contact Career and Transfer Services
Members of the IRSC Office of Career and Transfer Services are available on each of the College’s five campuses.
Fall and Spring Semesters:
Monday to Thursday: 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.