The Office of Career and Transfer Services educates and assists students and alumni in effectively developing, evaluating and implementing their career plans. Whether it's finding that perfect internship, preparing to land the perfect job, or exploring career options, the Office of Career and Transfer Services is the place to start.
Advisors offer students one-on-one counseling appointments and assessment services, provide career exploration and employability workshops and in-classroom presentations, and organize job fairs and recruitment activities.
Resources and Services
- Internship and job databases
- Assessment tools for educational and career planning
- Resume, cover letter and interview preparation services, including mock interviews
- Job fairs, career forums and other networking opportunities
Exploring career possibilities at the start of your education journey will help you and your advisor tailor your plan of academic study. The Office of Career and Transfer Services offers in-person consultation and assessment as well as the following online resources:
- Career Coach for online career assessment, wage and employment data, and exploration of IRSC programs that lead to your career goal
- O-Net to research national data on careers and occupations
- Measuring the Economic Success of Florida’s Graduates to explore correlations between post-secondary degrees, employment and earnings
Upcoming Job Fairs
Internships provide students with real-world experience and an opportunity to develop skills and knowledge and gain relevant experience in their chosen career field. The Office of Career and Transfer Services can help you prepare for and find meaningful work experiential learning opportunities to complement your academic studies.
Internships Advance Careers Workshops
Offered throughout the year, internship and other career workshops explore paid, academic and Capstone internships; uncover where the jobs are; reveal what employers are looking for; assist students in developing a career plan, resume and cover letter; and discuss related topics such as dressing for success, networking and social media.
- 09/17/2019 - LinkedIn Workshop - Main Campus
- 09/18/2019 - Resume Writing Workshop - Chastain Campus
- 09/24/2019 - Internship Workshop - Main Campus
- 10/02/2019 - Internship Workshop - Main Campus
- 10/15/2019 - Internship Workshop - Main Campus
- 10/24/2019 - LinkedIn Workshop - Main Campus
- 11/06/2019 - Internship Workshop - Main Campus
- 11/13/2019 - LinkedIn Workshop - Main Campus
- 11/21/2019 - Internship Workshop - Main Campus
- 12/04/2019 - Internship Workshop - Main Campus
Career Tools and Job Banks
Indian River State College offers students a variety of web-based tools to help them professionally create, manage and share the essential information that employers are looking for:
- CareerSource Research Coast and CareerSource Heartland (DeSoto, Hardee, Highlands and Okeechobee counties) for job search assistance, skills assessments, training opportunities and more.
- College Central Network Job Bank to access local and national job postings, build a resume or online portfolio, manage your on-campus interview schedule and keep track of your job search history, and more.
- Employ Florida to discover great jobs in Florida, examine job market trends and get career tips.
- Florida Shines to explore careers, make a plan for education and prepare for work.
- Job Interview Questions to uncover a repository of job-specific questions that employers are likely to ask during an interview.
- Optimal Resume for assessing and building employability skills, and creating and managing resumes, cover letters, websites and more.
The Indian River State College Office of Career and Transfer Services invites area employers to list available positions with our College Central job bank, provide meaningful experiences for student interns, and participate in job fairs and other networking events. The College also offers employers a quiet space to conduct interviews. Send email to email@example.com or call 772-462-7470 or 1-866-792-4772 ext. 7470 for more information. Fill out the online form to reserve the interview room.
Contact Career and Transfer Services
Members of the IRSC Office of Career and Transfer Services are available on each of the College’s five campuses.
Fall and Spring Semesters:
Monday to Thursday: 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Monday to Thursday: 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m., closed Friday