For graduates continuing their academic journey, IRSC transfer agreements with several institutions make it easy and affordable to earn a Bachelor’s or post-graduate Degree. Specific Associate or Baccalaureate degrees transfer seamlessly to other public and private universities. Career and Transfer Services staff conduct transfer workshops on a regular basis via both face-to-face and Skype format to co-advise and provide support on the application process and help students identify financial aid and scholarship sources.
We Are Here for You
Career and Transfer Services Center is here to assist you with all your career readiness needs. Services available to students and graduates: career assessment, career advising, resume writing, mock interviews, internships, job shadowing, career fairs, transfer services, along with co-advising from partnering universities, graduate school events, and job search strategies. All services can be accessed online, face to face, or by telephone.
Schedule an Appointment:
For Quick Questions:
For Quick Questions Complete this form.
Virtual Career Chats
Join our chat sessions for assistance with career planning, resume writing, interview skills, job placement and transfer to university.
Collaborate Session Link
Participants are welcome to join and exit the online session at any time.
Registration is recommended at www.irsc.edu/event-sign-up.
IRSC Bachelor's Degree Program Information Session
Jump on a free, online information session with IRSC representatives to learn about the advantages of earning a bachelor's degree, the benefits of studying at IRSC, the bachelor's degrees offered at IRSC, the application process, and more.
University Transfer Workshops
NOTE: For any of the FAMU workshops listed below you can enter and/or exit the session any time.
Are you interested in transferring to Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University? Join FAMU as we review information on majors, transfer requirements, scholarships and more.
NOTE: For any of the FAU workshops listed below you can enter and/or exit the session any time.
FAU [12-1pm or 5-6pm]:
Are you interested in transferring to Florida Atlantic University? Join FAU as we review information on majors, transfer requirements, scholarships and more.
- 12/02/2020 - FAU Transfer Workshop - ONLINE ONLY (12-1pm)
- 12/02/2020 - FAU Transfer Workshop - ONLINE ONLY (5-6pm)
NOTE: For any of the FMU workshops listed below you can enter and/or exit the session any time.
Are you interested in transferring to Florida Memorial University? Join FMU as we review information on majors, transfer requirements, scholarships and more.
NOTE: For any of the NSU workshops listed below you can enter and/or exit the session any time.
NSU [12:00-2:00pm or 4:00-6:00pm]:
Are you interested in transferring to Nova Southeastern University? Join NSU as we review information on majors, transfer requirements, scholarships and more.
- 12/03/2020 - NSU Transfer Information Session - ONLINE ONLY (12-2pm)
- 12/03/2020 - NSU Transfer Information Session - ONLINE ONLY (4-6pm)
NOTE: For any of the UCF workshops listed below you can enter and/or exit the session any time.
UCF [1:00-2:00pm or 4:00-5:00pm]:
Are you interested in transferring to University of Central Florida? Join UCF as we review information on majors, transfer requirements, scholarships and more.
NOTE: For any of the University of Florida workshops listed below you can enter and/or exit the session any time.
University of Florida [12-1pm or 4-5pm]:
Are you interested in transferring to the University of Florida? Join University of Florida as we review information on majors, transfer requirements, scholarships and more.
Graduate School Fair - Virtual Event
Join us on October 14, 2020 from 10 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Join us online. Discover graduate programs & schools. Connect with admission counselors. Learn about application & admission information. Uncover financial support opportunities. Use calendar link below to register for this virtual event.
Join us online. Network with IRSC Advisors & Counselors. Use calendar link below to register for this virtual event.
UCF Skype Advising
Students considering transfer to the University of Central Florida (UCF) may register for 20-minute Skype advising sessions. Please call Ave Rolfes at 772-462-7066 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
Indian River State College students have great transfer opportunities. Transfer agreements to a college or university help ensure that you won’t have to retake successfully completed courses or earn additional credits to enter as a junior, unless you change your major or degree program.
IRSC has partnered with several institutions for specific Associate or Baccalaureate Degree majors to transfer into public and private universities. Review the IRSC to university agreements to understand the requirements—such as specific courses that you must complete successfully while at IRSC and transfer student benefits—which may include waived fees and tuition reductions.
Indian River State College and the University of Central Florida have partnered to offer Transfer Connect, a pathway for students to transition to an online Bachelor’s Degree at UCF. Once you are close to earning your Associate’s Degree, Transfer Connect provides you with pre-enrollment counseling and other support services designed to help you transfer to UCF Online and succeed.
With the Indian River State College/FAU Link program, incoming freshman students have exclusive access to FAU*. This initiative ensures an easy, worry-free transition to FAU to earn your Bachelor's Degree:
- Guaranteed entrance to FAU— students graduating with A.A. degrees are guaranteed admission to FAU.*
- Priority admissions to FAU— provides smooth transition through the FAU admissions process that guarantees a quick admission decision. Plus, you receive priority registration at FAU.
- Convenient classroom locations— FAU regional campuses located across south Florida: Boca Raton, Treasure Coast, Jupiter and Broward County
- Enriched academic advising— students receive comprehensive on-site advising from both Indian River State College and FAU advisors
- Small class sizes
- Access to the best faculty
- More bang for your buck
*Consistent with university policy. Limited access and restricted access programs may require an additional admission process.
Once you have indicated your participation in the program, Indian River State College and FAU work together to prepare you for completion of your Bachelor's Degree. Apply to IRSC, submit the IRSC/FAU Link application, complete your IRSC admissions requirements, and meet with your assigned advisor, apply to FAU during the term in which you will complete 30 credits at IRSC, and complete your A.A. Degree and transfer to FAU.
An Associate in Arts Degree is your gateway to earning a Bachelor’s Degree at IRSC or another of Florida’s four-year colleges or universities. These Transfer Maps provide program overviews and requirements and “must-take” key courses.
- From A.A. to B.S. — Accounting (122 Credits)
- From A.A. to B.S. — Business Administration (122 Credits)
- From A.A. to B.S. — Criminal Justice (122 Credits)
- From A.A. to B.S. — Health Care Management (122 Credits)
- From A.A. to B.S. — I.T. Management & Cyber Security (122 Credits)
- From A.A. to B.S. — Middle Grades Mathematics (122 Credits)
- From A.A. to B.A.S. — Organizational Management (128 Credits)
- From A.A. to B.S. — Public Administration: Public Policy and Leadership (122 Credits)
- From A.A. to B.S. — Secondary Biology Education (133 Credits)
- From A.A. to B.S. — Secondary Mathematics Education (129 Credits)
Graduate Programs and Resources
For students graduating from IRSC with a Bachelor’s Degree, the Office of Career and Transfer Services provides information, resources and in-person services, including portfolio review, application essay/personal statement development, and mock interviews and auditions.
Further, the Testing and Education Resource Center available through the Indian River State College libraries website, helps prepare students for graduate school and executive education programs. It offers information on application essays, graduate test prep and scholarships, as well as online practice tests, online books, resources, word of the day, quick quizzes, tips and strategies, test info, deadlines, articles and related links to specific testing organizations such as the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, and MCAT.
Transfer students who continue their education after earning an Associate in Arts Degree at IRSC may be eligible for merit-based transfer scholarships. Scholarship requirements and application deadlines vary, so be sure to check with all the schools with which you plan to apply.
- FAU Transfer Scholarships and General Scholarship Resources
- UCF Transfer Scholarships and General Scholarship Resources
- IRSC Scholarships
Transferring to another state college or university is a big decision. These resources help you understand Florida’s 2+2 admissions program and transfer student admission requirements, and offer access to college and graduate test prep materials and resources that can help you with college selection (catalogs, profiles and more).
- College Source to view college catalogs, institutional profiles and related resources for colleges and universities nationwide
- CollegeNet for program and institution search for colleges and universities nationwide
- Florida Shines to understand Florida’s 2+2 admission program requirements, specific transfer degree requirements by school, and the impact of changing schools and majors
- Princeton Review for test prep resources, admissions counseling, and nationwide program and institution search
Contact Transfer Services
Members of the IRSC Office of Career and Transfer Services are available on each of the College’s five campuses.
Fall and Spring Semesters:
Monday to Thursday: 8:00 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.