New Student Orientation
Attending New Student Orientation (NSO) is an essential next step in the Indian River State College admissions process, and is required for all new and transfer degree-seeking students.
New Student Orientation
NSO offers a mix of academic, educational, and social programming designed to prepare you for a successful college career.
The sooner you attend orientation, the better. Orientation is an admission requirement and must be completed before you are permitted to register for classes.
NSO is a free, non-credit course. Even if you have taken Dual Enrollment courses at IRSC, you are still considered a first time in college student and must participate in this onboarding course.
Register Here for NSO
New Student Orientation will be conducted as a live stream virtual experience or as
an online self-paced course.
Please review the information below for step-by-step instructions on how to complete New Student Orientation.
Live Stream Orientation Instructions:
Live Stream Orientations will be available by invitation only to students who register for these sessions. The day before the live orientation session students will be emailed the link to join the session. Emails will be sent to the email address used on the registration. The link is only good for the date and time specified for the orientation session.
Online Orientation Instructions:
Online orientation (OR10003) will be available through the Blackboard virtual learning environment within 24 hours after you register. It is conducted through a series of video modules and a final exam. On average, online orientation takes two hours. If you do not complete orientation, you will not be permitted to register for classes at IRSC.
Steps to Begin New Student Orientation Online:
- Login to MyPioneerPortal and select Blackboard.
- Once you login, locate My Courses and select ORI0003-XXXXXX ORIENTATION-INTERNET.
- Select Content on left course control panel.
- Start the course by watching the President’s Welcome Video. Then, select each module, in the order it is presented. When you complete the first module, complete the review, return to Content and the next module will be available for completion.
- At the end of each module, you will find a review. You should answer each question by clicking on the answer you consider correct, and then click on “Submit.” No matter how much you score in each review, your submission will release the content for next presentation.
- There are 13 modules in this course. At the end of the last module, please take the Incoming Student Survey and then respond to the completion question to complete this course.
You may also contact the Information Call Center toll-free at 866-792-4772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with New Student Orientation.
We're looking forward to having you as an IRSC student! We encourage you to experience Pioneer Living by joining the more than 70 clubs and thousands of activities offered through Student Activities.