Pearson Vue Certification Exams
Indian River State College offers a wide variety of certification exams in our modern Pearson Vue Testing Center. Exams offered include those for American Medical Technologist, Council for Professional Recognition, Cisco, CompTIA, Microsoft, National Registry for Food Safety Professionals, and Pharmacy Technician Certification Board. For a complete list of the Pearson Vue exams available at IRSC, visit the Pearson VUE website. Note that Indian River State College does not administer all exams listed on the Pearson VUE website.
Building W—Crews Hall, Room W-109 Assessment Center, Main Campus, Fort Pierce
How to Register
Scheduling and payment for Pearson Vue exams must be completed online.
Step 1: Go to the Pearson VUE website.
Click on “For Test Takers” and choose “Schedule an Exam.”
Step 2: Select the "Start Here: Select Your Program” Box.
Type in the name or acronym of your testing program or click on the "A to Z List of All Programs" link. Select the certification exam you are interested in taking, and read the information provided.
Step 3: Click on the "Create Account" Button.
Follow the on screen prompts to schedule and pay for the exam all online. When creating an account be sure to use the exact name listed on your identification documents. This name must be identical on both your account and identification documents in order to test. Exams cannot be administered without the required identification.
You will receive an email confirming your appointment and outlining what forms of identification you must bring to the exam. It is important that you read this information carefully. Exam fees are not refundable.
Testing dates are determined by the test publisher and listed on the Pearson VUE website. All schedule changes must be made by contacting the test publisher prior to the testing date. Contact information can be found in your confirmation email.
Plan to arrive at Indian River State College 30 minutes prior to your testing appointment. Late arrivals may forfeit their appointment and testing fees.
IRSC does not loan handheld calculators to candidates for testing purposes, so plan accordingly.
IRSC is required to follow all Pearson Vue testing policies and procedures.
Personal belongings not allowed in the testing room include:
- Outerwear (coats or jackets)
- Scarves of any kind except for religious or medical reasons
- Hats of any kind or other head coverings, except for religious or medical reasons
- Jewelry that is wider than 1 cm
- Mobile phones or pagers
- Purses, wallets and watches
- Tablets, smartphones or any other electronic devices including Google Glass, camera glasses, etc.
- Briefcases, backpacks or bags
- Notes, notebooks or study guides (unless specifically allowed by the exam sponsor)
- Calculators (unless specifically allowed by the exam sponsor)
- Dictionaries, including language translation dictionaries (unless specifically allowed by the exam sponsor)
- Pens or pencils belonging to the candidate
- Water bottles, contact lens solution and lip balm
- Food, drink or tobacco products
Weapons of any kind are not allowed on test center premises.