Indian River State College offers several study and travel abroad trips each summer providing students with opportunities to earn college credits as they participate in enriching life-changing experiences. The Study Abroad program is presented in support of the IRSC Global Initiatives Mission Statement.
Study Abroad Scholarships
- Go Overseas:
- CEA-Study Abroad:
- Fund for Education Abroad:
- NAFSA-Association of International Educators:
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program:
- School for International Training:
- IRSC Foundation Scholarship Search:
Spring 2019 Study Abroad Programs
Visit Osaka, Hiroshima, Kyoto, Hakone, Kamakura and Tokyo. Experience the inner workings, history and culture of Japan while appreciating the blend of culture and technology in all aspects of the Japanese lifestyle. Explore, compare, learn and appreciate the wide range of global, social and cultural differences between the United States and Japan.
College course credit in economics, sociology, or math may be earned.
For more information, contact Dr. Maria S. Davis at email@example.com or 772-226-2557 or Dr. Rita C. Lindsay at firstname.lastname@example.org or 772-226-2534 or Dr. Meghan Probstfield at email@example.com or 772-462-7703.
$4,695 for triple (below 30 years old); $5,055 for twin (above 30 years old). Deposit deadline is February 16, 2019.
Explore London, and spend two days working with the London Fire Brigade. Participants will also visit museums, attend a theater performance and tour historical sites.
College credit may be earned toward the IRSC Fire Science degree.
For more information, contact Dr. Alfred H. Williams V at firstname.lastname@example.org or 772-462-7954.
Please contact Dr. Williams.
Students will be required to take a college-credit course in business.
For more information, contact Dr. Herbert P. Ricardo at email@example.com or 772-462-7624.
Please contact Dr. Ricardo.
Students will live with Costa Rican families, attend language classes and participate in cultural excursions and service activities that will enhance the international learning experience. They will visit and explore San Joaquin de Flores, Heredia, La Fortuna and La Carpio.
Student participants may earn course credit in Spanish, nursing and interdisciplinary studies. Courses offered: SPN 1120, SPN 1121, SPN 2220, IDS 1955, HSC 2939.
$3,100. Deposit deadline is March 1, 2019. **$100 deposit with application and then $1500 due by February 15 and the final $1500 due April 12.
Please contact Veronica Tempone for information.
The Global Initiatives Committee at Indian River State College:
- Fosters international awareness through community and scholarly activities;
- Supports and encourages understanding and appreciation of various cultures that compose the College community;
- Promotes programs and initiatives that educate, motivate and challenge students, faculty and staff; and
- Pursues educational, cultural, and economic opportunities for the College to effectively engage in our dynamic global environment.